August 27, 2009

Musings

I've been on my pagan path only a few months now, and I have never been more content with the direction my spiritual life is going. I have connected to energies and entities I had never considered to exist, and learned about many others I have yet to experience.

I am still overwhelmed with the amount of information out there, and also that I never saw any of it before. I feel like I must have been in a hole somewhere to have not seen it, but I guess it was just because I didn't choose to pay attention, really "see" what was around me.

They say that when the student is ready, the teacher appears, and I used to think the "teacher" meant someone human. Boy, was I ever wrong! I've seen so many things recently that became my teachers, pulling or pushing me to look at something, hear something, just pay attention to the lessons I need to learn. 

Animals that just "show up" right when I go outside to sit on the patio, take a long hard look at me, and then leave. (I've seen this one toad, well I think it's the same one, like 3 times)

Dreams I've had, visions even, deities appearing with something to "say". (So far I've had two such visions, nary a spoken word in either)


Blog posts, or pages on the internet, that just magically "appear" when it's the very thing I needed to read. (This has already happened more times than I can count)

People I meet, yeah there have been some teachers of the human variety too, even people I meet seemingly in passing, that do nothing else but to brighten my day and know they were there for that reason.

So I'm learning a lot, slowing down, quieting my mind being one of the main things. Compassion for all of nature, big or small, paying attention to seeming coincidence, listening to my heart.


I can't wait to see what's in store for me next!




 

3 comments:

Crazy Squirrel Lady said...

You could have wrote this for me too cause I am SO with you on this.I also believe everything is a learning experience.
I just need to shut my mind up and take the time to listen.I still have a hard time doing that.I have a antsy mind :(

The Computer Connoisseur said...

It is somewhat ironic that the reason I was inspired to write this post was from reading your "Weirdness" post.

I really am beginning to see how everything is linked, how seemingly random events connect to much larger happenings later.

Thank you for your insights, your clarity of thought and ability to express your emotions in the written word always leave me ready for more.

Magaly Guerrero said...

This is so refreshing to hear. I get extremely happy every time I read that someone has found his or her spiritual way.

I totally get the seeing teachers you didn't know exist. No one can tell you about the song of the wind or the dance of the trees until you see it and hear it by yourself. But once you do, it stays with you forever.

Welcome to Paganism and thank you for spreading Pagan Culture!