January 20, 2011

I'm still here.....and finally, the review....

Yes folks, the Stag Warrior is still here, it's just that I've been writing in my other blog, Perthro's Pronouncements (formerly known as The Stag Warrior Speaks), when I have been posting anything, so if you are not a follower of that blog, and you would like to check it out, just click that link and you can catch up on all the happenings. I made a small modification to the layout here, the picture you see above was drawn and colored for me by a dear Facebook friend of mine who is an incredible artist. I thought it appropriate to put it here, as it really symbolizes my connection to my totem, the stag.

In my last post here, back in November, I mentioned ordering something from the family of CSN stores website, which I in fact did, I ordered a hobby knife set from them to work on a plastic model kit I acquired at the local hobby store. I have worked with them only a few days, but I can already tell you that they have more than met with my expectations. They did arrive a little later than I expected, but the fact that I ordered them during the week of Thanksgiving probably did a lot to delay them. The package I got was a little larger than I expected too, as it was in a large "bubble" style envelope. When I opened it I understood why, when I found the hobby knife set in a heat sealed plastic "casing", such as used to allow it to be hung on a display hook. When I opened it up, only a few of the blades and accessories were out of place, not unusual for it having been shipped, and I was able to put everything back in order in less than a minute. The wooden box was of a quality I expected, sturdy, strong, and should keep the set secure and intact. In trying out the various knives, I found them to be strong and as sharp as I expected they should be, my left index finger can attest to that lol. Overall I believe that I got my money's worth, it serves the purpose for which it was intended, and is constructed well enough that I should not have to look to buy another set of hobby knives for quite some time. Here are a few pictures so you can see what I've been describing.......



The whole process of ordering the kit and getting it shipped was flawless, I got what I ordered and it was not damaged or missing any parts, I wholeheartedly recommend shopping with CSN and will be doing it again myself in the future.

I hope you all are having a great day, and I will talk to you again soon.

0 comments: